Public Legal Education Association of Canada (PLEAC)/Association canadienne d'éducation et d'information juridique (ACEIJ) is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1987. PLEAC acts as an umbrella organization to facilitate the following goals:
- Communication and cooperation between individuals and groups interested in public legal education;
- Development of knowledge and skills in this field; and
- Act as a national voice and advocate on issues that concern PLEAC members.
PLEAC members create, disseminate and promote legal information across Canada. Find out more information about our member agencies here.
If you are a producer of public legal education, we invite you to join our network, share your public legal information and education resources, and meet colleagues across Canada.
News - Announcements - Events
- Unbundled Legal ServicesThis site explains "unbundling--an alternative way of working with a lawyer, offered by some lawyers in British Columbia.
- Apr 01 2019
- Unbundlinglaw.ca explains the concept, offers an interactive "self-evaluation" for the user to assess whether unbundling is a good fit for them.
- Rights BitesResource for Ontario
- Apr 01 2019
- Rights Bites, CLEO’s audio podcast series for newcomers, gives information about some common legal problems that affect newcomer tenants and workers in Ontario. We also have companion lesson plans for adult instructors.
- PLEAC Day 2018PLEAC holds annual meeting in Montreal, Quebec ahead of the Clarity Conference
- Oct 24 2018
- CLEO's Fall Forum 2018Learning Opportunity in Toronto
- Aug 08 2018
- Launch of the most important international research project on Artificial Intelligence and JusticeGathering the leading experts in Montreal for 6 years of research
- Jul 12 2018
- PLEAC is a member of the Cyberjustice Laboratory. The Laboratory is a unique centre for reflection and creavitity where judicial processes are modeled and reimagined to increase access to justice.
- CBA-NS recognizes Legal Info NS for digital innovation!PLEAC Member Organization, LISNS, receives award for digital innovation.
- Jun 15 2018
- LISNS was the recipient of the Canadian Bar Association–Nova Scotia inaugural Access to Justice Award. This award recognizes and celebrates outstanding contributions to improving access to justice.