CBA-NS recognizes Legal Info NS for digital innovation!
PLEAC Member Organization, LISNS, receives award for digital innovation.
LISNS was the recipient of the Canadian Bar Association–Nova Scotia inaugural Access to Justice Award. This award recognizes and celebrates outstanding contributions to improving access to justice.
The Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia (LISNS) was the recipient of the Canadian Bar Association-Nova Scotia (CBANS) inaugural Access to Justice Award. This award recognizes and celebrates outstanding contributions to improving access to justice for Nova Scotians who face social and economic barriers.
The LISNS “Digital Innovation through Wills App & Small Claims Court App” demonstrated the following criteria:
- Develops and/or applies new technologies and tools to improve the efficiency of our justice system
- Supports and facilitates ongoing collaboration and coordination, to enable those who are committed to equal justice to work together more effectively.
- Provides pro bono legal services or reduced cost services.
- Empowers the public with knowledge about the courts, law enforcement agencies, the justice system and the legal profession.
- Provides a service that may not involve strict legal services but include community service that enhances the justice system.